Dough Balls Instructions
If you have ordered the dough balls you will have an extra ball of our 3 day fermented dough made with Italian flour. See below on how to turn these in to beautiful dough balls to dunk in your dips.
1 portion of our pizza dough will do 6 dough balls.
• Turn your dough out on to a floured work top.
• Cut the dough in half.
• Roll the two pieces of dough into a sausage shape about 6 inches long. (We don’t want to stretch the dough too much otherwise the dough will become tight.)
• Split the sausages into 3 equal pieces.
• Take each piece of dough and fold it back into itself.
• Bring the corners into the middle tightly and shape into a ball in your hands. (They don’t have to be perfect.)
• Lay the dough balls on a baking tray with a little semolina.
• Cover them with a tea towel and allow to prove for about half an hour so they get a nice puff.
• Bake in the oven at 200c for 7-9 mins.
• You’ll know they done if you give them a tap and they sound hollow.
• We suggest whilst they are still hot give them a little drizzle of olive oil and a nice crack of salt.