Pasta Kit Instructions
Please find our pasta kit instructions below.
The fresh pasta can be kept in the fridge for up to five days. The sauces can be frozen for three months or kept in the fridge for up to five days.
- WATER. Fill a suitable sized saucepan full of water. Season the water with salt until you can taste the salt and bring to the boil.
- GET SAUCE UP TO HEAT. Add your sauce to a frying pan and gently heat. Add a few tablespoons of water to help loosen if needed.
- COOK THE PASTA. Making sure your water is at a rolling boil, add your pasta and cook for 2.5mins. Try not to add the flour that the pasta comes in to keep it from sticking together.
- CHECK YOUR SAUCE. By this time your sauce should be blipping away nicely and the water we’ve added will have started to reduce.
- PASTA IN. Add your pasta to your hot sauce. It's vital that we add pasta water at this stage. The starch in the pasta will suck up the sauce, but we want the in-between. We want a glossy sauce and we don't want our pasta to clump together.
- CHOPPED HERBS AND OLIVE OIL. We’re now at the finishing stage. Add your chopped herbs to the mix, a couple more tablespoons of pasta water and half the amount of olive oil provided
- THE MOST IMPORTANT BIT! We need to emulsify our oil, sauce and pasta water. Keep everything moving in the pan and keep the pan on a high heat. We need to agitate (by string or tossing) to help us develop a thick sauce.
- STAY CALM. Remember you’re in control, if your pasta looks dry or starts to clump together add more water.
- TASTE IT BEFORE PLATING IT. You’ve done the hard bit, don't fall at the last hurdle.
- PLATE AND EAT.
Please ping us a photo of your efforts on the gram @passo.london.